As the pressures of school, work and future graduation commence, Daily employees are eager to hear and learn from graduates like you.
Become a MDAA 2010-2011 Alumni Mentor today to volunteer your professional knowledge and advice.
Help Yourself by Helping Others.
Mentoring is a win-win. It offers you the opportunity to share your professional experience, refine your leadership skills, build your resume’s extracurriculars, network and reconnect with the Daily community. The flexible program caters to individual mentor and mentee involvement preferences and needs, including:
• Resume review, feedback and job search advice.
• In-person meeting(s), either one-time or ongoing.
• Digital touch bases via phone or e-mail as needed (great way to be involved even if you’re long distance).
• Answer specific student questions submitted to the Association using the Daily’s Employee Intranet “Ask an Alumni” function.
Yes-Match Me With a Mentor!
Please fill out the mentor sign-up form below. Mentor matches are dictated by the number of submissions received and students’ career interests.
Yes-Add Me to the “Ask the Alumni” List!
If you’re not interested in being a committed mentor, but would be willing to be listed on a resource list for “Ask the Alumni” requests, please email the following:
- Job title and company
- Position(s) and years at the Daily
- What kinds of questions you are available for (reading stories or cover letters, going over resumes, internship/job questions, etc.)
- What times of the day and what days of the week you are available for contact
- Your preferred way of contact (phone or email)
- Photo (optional)
(Note: All information obtained by the Minnesota Daily Alumni Association is confidential and will only be used to connect individuals with Minnesota Daily students.)
If you’re interested in becoming a mentor or you have questions about this program, contact Dan Phan, Minnesota Daily Alumni Association Board Member, at DanP@mndailyalumni.com.