Job Opening: Business Reporter
10 Missions Media, LLC is looking for a business-minded journalist with sharp reporting and writing skills to join our team as we prepare to launch a new magazine for the automotive repair industry.
We are a youthful, progressive and growing company. Our new magazine will be a sister publication to FenderBender, an award-winning business-to-business magazine serving owners and managers of collision repair shops throughout the country. The new venture will serve operators of mechanical service facilities. Before you draw any conclusions, we do not produce stodgy, outdated shop magazines that require a job candidate with advanced technical automotive knowledge. We tell inspirational, informative stories about the successes, struggles and strategic growth of businesses.
If you’re an aggressive reporter who is eager to learn about a new industry, this job is for you.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience in business journalism, including qualified internships at business publications
- A B.A. in journalism, English, business, or related field
- Multimedia experience, including web reporting and publishing
- A strong interest in social media, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- The ability to self-direct and work independently
The reporter will:
- Stay on top of industry issues and trends
- Concept, report and write stories for print and online, following AP style and meeting firm deadlines
- Build a source list of industry contacts to be mined for story ideas and expert commentary
10 Missions Media offers competitive salary and benefits packages, half-day Fridays, and an attractive office environment.
Please send your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three of your most impressive clips to Jake Weyer, editor, at email@example.com. Note: salary requirements MUST be sent for consideration.
Application deadline is Jan. 20.